Annapurna peak in Nepal is 10th highest in the world. The peak is globally famous for its climbing stature and holds a high prestige amongst mountaineers. Therefore, a trek to the base camp of this gigantic peak is perfect for someone wanting sniff high peaks and adore them.
The Annapurna base camp trek gives you a lot more than just the Annapurna peak sighting. During the trek, you will pass through some very beautiful villages, their unique farming style and of course their culture to witness. You will also a number of water streams and find it soothing to walk through lush green jungles of Nepal Himalayas. The best part about Annapurna BC trek is it is a teahouse trek. You will find accommodation in lodges and inns and need not carry camping gears.
ANNAPURNA BASE CAMP TREK DETAILS
- Difficulty: MODERATE
- Trek Distance: 85-km
- Trek Duration: 10-11 Days
- Location: Pokhra, Nepal
- Best Time: May-June and mid-September till mid-October.
- Nearest international airport: Kathmandu, Nepal
- Nearest domestic airport: Pokhra, Nepal
Annapurna Base Camp Trek Gears List
- Footwear: Trekking Boots (snow and water proof), normal walking boots, and floaters. Few pairs of warm/woolen socks.
- Luggage: Backpack (50-60 liters), Daypack, Duffel bag.
- Clothes: Waterproof breathable jacket & pants, Jacket (fleece of down feather), insulated pants (Synthetic), Poncho, Sweatshirt, inner thermal (upper & lower), fleece, t-shirts, cotton trekking pants, shorts.
- Gear for Hand & Head: Liner glove, Bandanna, Sun hat, Woolen caps, Face mask etc.
- Accessories: Sunglasses/Goggles, anti-glare glasses, water bottle, hydra pack, Headlamp with spare bulb and extra batteries.
- Trekking Gears: Emergency tool kit.
- Protection and First-Aid: Sunscreen, toiletry kit, water purification tablets, Zip-lock bags, ear plugs, first-aid and all essential medicines.
- Camping Equipment: Tents, sleeping bags (extreme -5 to +5 Celsius) with liner, trekking poles, water bottles, Sleeping mat, etc.
Important Information about Annapurna Base Camp Trek
This is a teahouse trek and accommodation would be available all through the way. But it is recommended that you carry your own sleeping bag and sleeping pillow. That way you will be safer from bacterial infection, which can you can contract. Also, keep sanitizers with you as it comes handy at certain places where water is not readily available.