Andhra Pradesh Known as “The Kohinoor of India”, Andhra Pradesh is a state full of tourist destinations including various places close to nature. Araku is one of the most visited tourist destinations in Andhra. It is a famous hill station at a distance of about 115 km from Vishakapatnam. Located in the Eastern Ghats, it has a valley, waterfalls, and streams flowing by the side of train tracks and roads.The Anantagiri Reserved Forests are a part of this valley and the Anantagiri Hills are famous for coffee plantations. The valley is surrounded by various mountains like Galikonda, Raktakonda, Sunkarimetta and Chitamongodi. Jhinga peak which is the tallest peak in Andhra is also located near Araku Valley. There are several modes to reach this beautiful valley but the train route is the best which includes 46 tunnels, several bridges through lush green valleys and surroundings of natural beauty.
Araku Valley has a lot of places to visit and is a major tourist seeker in Andhra Pradesh. The various places including waterfalls, mountains, parks, coffee plantations, cave, gardens etc. serve a multipurpose of tourists and trekkers who come to this place. The valley serves a delight to nature lovers and photographers. The phenomenal landscape offers an amazing picturesque view and the surrounding mountains add on to the beauty with all the greenery and the fauna. The valley is a must visit place for a once in a lifetime kind of experience.
NATURE TOUR TO ARAKU VALLEY DETAILS
- Altitude: Range of 900m to 1400 m
- Trip Duration: 7-8 Days
- Location: Andhra Pradesh, India
- Nearest Airport: Vizag, India
- Railway Station: Araku Railway Station
- Best Time: During winter Season March-April
Essential Equipment for Trip to Meghalaya
- Footwear: Normal walking boots, Sports shoes and floaters. Few pairs of socks.
- Luggage: Backpack (60 liters), Daypack (20-30 liters), Duffel bag.
- Clothes: Waterproof breathable jacket & pants, insulated pants (Synthetic), t-shirts, cotton pants, shorts.
* clothing as per the season
- Gear for Hand & Head: Liner glove, Bandanna, Sun hat, Face mask etc.
- Protection and First-Aid: Sunscreen, toiletry kit, water purification tablets, Zip-lock bags, ear plugs, first-aid and all essential medicines.
- Trekking Gears: Emergency tool kit.
- Accessories: Sunglasses/Goggles, anti-glare glasses, water bottle, hydra pack, Headlamp.
- Camping Equipment: Sleeping bags (extreme -5 to +5 celsius).