Bandarpunch is a spectacular peak of Uttarakhand Himalayas, and strikingly visible from several parts of Uttarakhand. On the southern tip of this peaks foot is 12-km long Bandarpunch glacier that sources the origin of Hanuman ganga stream. The stream confluences with the stream of Yamuna at Yamunotri. The Bandarpunch glacier trek is perfect opportunity to witness this massive glacier from close quarters.
When you visit, you get exposed to the mythical world of Himalayas where folklores and fantasy nurtures in this remote region. Your encounter with local villagers would be an enlightening experience. Ruinsara tal, all have stories about them and local villagers can share it with you whole-heartedly. Remember, the region is very auspicious to the Hindu’s and ancient stories have been linked to this region. When you are going for Bandarpunch glacier trek please be humble and do not hurt the sentiments of the locals.
Make sure to visit the Gangar village in between Taluka and Seema. It is one of the most pristine village you will ever witness, in terms of culture and craft. Here are some important details on Bandarpunch glacier trek.
BANDARPUNCH GLACIER TREK DETAILS
- Difficulty: MODERATE
- Trek Distance: 65-70km
- Trek Duration: 08 Days
- Location: Uttarakhand, India
- Best Time: May-June and mid-September till mid-October.
- Nearest international airport: New Delhi, India
- Nearest domestic airport: Dehradun, India
Equipment List for Bandarpunch Glacier Trek
- Footwear: Trekking Boots (snow and water proof), normal walking boots, and floaters. Few pairs of warm/woolen socks.
- Luggage: Backpack (50-60 liters), Daypack, Duffel bag.
- Clothes: Waterproof breathable jacket & pants, Jacket (synthetic or fleece of down feather), insulated pants (Synthetic), Poncho, Sweatshirt, inner thermal (upper & lower), fleece, t-shirts, cotton trekking pants, shorts.
- Gear for Hand & Head: Liner glove, Bandanna, Sun hat, Woolen caps, Face mask etc.
- Accessories: Sunglasses/Goggles, anti-glare glasses, water bottle, hydra pack, Headlamp with spare bulb and extra batteries.
- Trekking Gears: Emergency tool kit.
- Protection and First-Aid: Sunscreen, toiletry kit, water purification tablets, Zip-lock bags, ear plugs, first-aid and all essential medicines.
- Camping Equipment: Tents, sleeping bags (extreme -5 to +5 Celsius) with liner, trekking poles, water bottles, Sleeping mat, etc.
Important Information about Bandarpunch Glacier Trek
Respect the laws of nature when going for Bandarpunch glacier trek. Adjustments to your lifestyle when you camp near villages or jungles is mandatory. Make sure that you do not disturb the flora around where you stay. Do not pick shrubs and grass, pluck flowers and manually handle wildlife.
When going for Bandarpunch trek you also have to make sure that you remain polite with local villagers. Adhere to the local customs and rituals and experience all this for new learnings.